The vast majority of Lindy Focus work during the event is completed by returning staff and workers with years of experience within their departments, but occasionally spots do open up, and joining one of these teams is one way to ease one’s costs of attending. If you’re interested in trying to work one of these limited spots, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the following in your email:
- What area(s) of the event you’d like to work in (setup, takedown, floor, tech, kitchen, door security, other)
- Explain your background doing this type of work
- Your likely estimated arrival/departure schedule (days/times)
- What type of pass you’re interested in working towards (Camp Pass, Dance Pass, etc)
IMPORTANT: As mentioned above, most work spots are filled by people who’ve worked in their department in prior years, and it should not be assumed that a position will be available. We strongly recommend you register and pay as usual even if you’re seeking work/trade. If you are brought on to work, your registration cost will be adjusted/removed in accordance with the work.
Lindy Focus is offering a small number of Camp Pass scholarship packages to attendees who have both a high level of financial need as well as an outstanding commitment to the dance.
To apply for this program, please prepare an application essay and send it to us at email@example.com. Your essay should:
- be between 1-2 typed pages
- include a statement of financial need
- include the personal story of your relationship to swing dancing
Finally, please include 2 personal references, which should consist of:
- first/last name
- email address
- relationship to applicant
All applications will be reviewed and responded to within 30 days of receipt.